Thursday, June 23, 2011

Life





Sometimes life just plain old sucks. Other times it's really great.





While I do try to find the positives in life sometimes it isn't always easy. I think of friends and family that have lost a loved one. What they are dealing with. I listen to people close to me vent and say what is going on in their life and I just feel for them. I feel for them and what they have to go through. I wish sometimes life would be so simpler. There seems to be so much going on all at once and sometimes I have a hard time reminding myself to keep it simple and think of the positives. I do have a lot to be thankful for but don't we all have days where sometimes, just sometimes it is hard to find those things to be thankful for.





For example, you have a rough sleep. It seems you are awake more then you sleep. You have to get up earlier then wanting to. Getting ready just doesn't go as smoothly as hoped. Then you be honest and say what's on your mind and get grumbled at for doing so, then it feels like your heart gets ripped out of your chest and you feel awful for the rest of the day. This seems to be life. Is it a normal part of life? Ya, probably for some, for others maybe not so much. As the day goes on your little one just brightens your day. Gives you those hugs and kisses, galore! Tries all on his own to swim (with armbands on), so precious, rollerblades like crazy and does a fabulous job. Then it's time for a goodnight kiss and the day is suddenly gone. Then you realize that you do have a lot to be thankful for. You have clothes to wear, food to eat, legs to walk, a bed to sleep in, eyes to see, ears to hear and so much more. What are you thankful for today? Even when life gets you down, try to remember the positive things in your life. Whether they are huge or even little. God does wonderful things even when we least expect it.






(photo taken summer of 2010)

No comments: