Monday, June 06, 2011

a child




(photo taken during the summer of 2009)




Sometimes it takes a child to bring a smile to your face.
Sometimes it takes a child to bring tears to your eyes.
Sometimes it takes a child to put things into perspective.
Sometimes it takes a child to just completely melt your heart.
Sometimes it takes a child to say, everything will be ok.

Sometimes that child is mine.

Tonight was a special night. We were at a friends place. Her husband just passed away. My son was putting the pieces together. We had talked, we told him on Sunday that mommy was sad because a friend had died. Well tonight when we were there visiting he needed to go to the bathroom and just before we left he said to me: Mommy does she live here all by herself? I said yes, she does now, that is why sometimes we are sad today. He said, did he die? I said yes. He's in heaven with Nannie and they are with Jesus. He was content with that but when we got home he had to call his Grampie (my dad) because he missed him. It's times like these that puts things into perspective for me. These are moments that I do cherish and love even if they are during hard times.














No comments: