Sunday, June 05, 2011

and he is gone....



I find it so hard to believe that he's gone. Such a shock, so sad, so fast. Dub will always be missed. Always. He was a great dad (not mine) but yet he was always that person that I knew I could look up to. He was an awesome grand-dad, relative & friend. If you needed someone to talk to, he was there.



Dub and I have many great memories together. Memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. There were days when I wanted to relive those memories. I spent numerous hours at his house, drinking hot chocolate. He always made it extra hot, I think that was so I would spend hours at his place talking to him, listening to him talk, etc etc.



I delivered his newspaper and each day (when he was able to be at home) he always looked forward to me stopping by. The days that I couldn't stay, he always seemed a bit sad. Many times I would deliver everyone else's newspaper as fast as I could and leave his until the end so I could have my daily visit with him.



Definitely thinking & praying for the family.









No comments: