Monday, May 09, 2011

mother's day

(Jack & my mom Halloween 2009)


Mother's day has come and gone but what a good day it was. It was still a hard day/weekend as my mother passed away dec. 18, 2009 and I miss her so much.
We visited with the inlaws and Jack has a blast because he got to play with his couins for most of the weekend. He loved that.

Back to mother's day. I didn't sleep much all weekend. Every time I closed my eyes I pictured my mother lying in the hospital bed taking her last breath. (which I did see because before she passed on as I spent quite a few days by her bedside). Friday night of my not so much sleep I watched the clock most of the night. Saturday night, my son, Jack was sleeping on the floor next to the bed. In the wee morning hours he started laughing. This so made my long night because I was having great difficulty keeping my eyes closed for any length of time.

Sunday during church the pastor was praying for the ladies/moms/women of the church and he prayed for those that have lost their mothers, well at that point the tears rolled down my face. Hubby squeezed me tight and then I pulled myself together. I so miss my mom and to give anything to have another moment with her I so would. We did stop at her gravesite on the way home. I put the flowers back in that we had taken out before it snowed (they are fake) as we didn't want them to get ruined by the winter weather.

All in all besides not much sleep and trying to keep my own emotions together we had a good weekend.

No comments: